Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Illo Friday - Total...

...as in "Total Chaos." Which was kind of like what today was like, at least in my mind. Good thing I have this nifty new moleskine sketchbook to explode my day's thoughts into. That's pretty much how I stay sane.

Sketchbook doodley hoo "Total Chaos"

The collage mess is scraps from the day, wrappers, tea bags, photo transfers, then some mod podge and ink thrown on top, and a little girl in the corner who is able to keep it together and hold her dress taught in a presentable ladylike fashion while her legs have ended up on the other side of the page.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yepp! I agree. This really is a great way to keep sane! And if a piece like this emerges from a totally chaotic day it's worth all the chaos :-) Great work!

1:19 AM  
Blogger Digital Scott's Illustrationblog said...

Nice work! So energetic!

10:54 AM  
Blogger Madcap Baroness with Teacup said...

This is wonderful. I've always seen collage as a form of controlled chaos. Love to make messes, just hate cleaning them up.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Willie Baronet said...

annie, you make me want to do some collage! this is wonderful. :-)

2:04 PM  
Blogger Janice Ykema said...

There is something about this illustration that is....for me, a bit foreboding. I like the eeriness and energy..

6:43 PM  
Blogger ronald p.d. brandt said...

i really like this. you gotta love the moleskine! i'm actually due for a new one myself...

6:39 AM  
Blogger studio lolo said...

Creative chaos...love it! Did you ever consider changing your name to Annie Oakland?

11:15 AM  
Blogger imwithsully said...

I love this layout and the legs at the top! Great composition.

1:29 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home