Saturday, March 10, 2007

Giant puppet and Video Games Live

Dude. It's been such a busy week for me. We saw an amazing performance of Man of La Mancha last Saturday at UC Davis which incoporated life size puppets.


Oh, and I received a delightful email in my inbox telling me that my spider cards were featured on their website, 365halloween.com. Thanks guys!

Let's see, what else? I've been trying to put in some studio time to work on a very large self portrait in superman underoos painting, though it's been difficult to coordinate with my work schedule. I do a lot of painting at work already, so it's hard to, at the end of the day, go into the studio to do MORE painting. So far I've just been going home to relax my brain with video games.

Last night we went to Video Games Live which was also pretty amazing at times. My heart would just swell during the moments when the orchestra would perform all these songs I remember from my childhood, and seeing the game graphics projected onto the huge screen just brought back memories of ye goode olde days. There were so many people there too, and when the legend himself, Koji Kondo walked out with Link and Princess Zelda on stage, the audience gave him a standing ovation! Mr. Kondo is probably most known for composing the theme songs to Super Mario Bros and Zelda. When he came back later to perform on the piano, everyone took out their Nintendo DS's and waved them in the air like lighters. Such an amazing display of fandom. By the end of the night I was really tired and my legs were dying from walking all over the park at work, as well as up and down the stairs of the Masonic Temple where the performance was, but I diligently waited in line with Michael to get a picture with Mr. Kondo, we were the second ones in line.

THE KOJ!
Koji Kondo playing piano during Video Games Live
Michael and Koji

The Inventor of Tetris, Alexey Pazhitnov
Michael and Alexey, the inventor of Tetris!

Charles Martinet, the voice of Mario!
Michael and Charles Martinet- the voice of Mario

Link and Zelda
Link, Michael, and Princess Zelda

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aw, Michael sports the Rasputin-patch well.

7:33 AM  
Blogger ptite_delincante said...

Well at first I'd like to say da i'm sorry if you get hard to understand me bcoz i'm french ...
I very intered my the deguisment of zelda and link i'd like to know here I can buy them...
In france in many school we have a day when u can wear wot u want , this year I was Alice in Wonderland ( my mum made me the dress ) but I don't she could make me the Zelda or link's colthes any help please

I let you my msn adress : ptite_delincante@hotmail.co.uk [ I know it's amazing but I like england " co.uk " ]
If I can do anything 4 u tell me

1:59 PM  
Blogger ptite_delincante said...

Well at first I'd like to say da i'm sorry if you get hard to understand me bcoz i'm french ...
I very intered my the deguisment of zelda and link i'd like to know here I can buy them...
In france in many school we have a day when u can wear wot u want , this year I was Alice in Wonderland ( my mum made me the dress ) but I don't she could make me the Zelda or link's colthes any help please

I let you my msn adress : ptite_delincante@hotmail.co.uk [ I know it's amazing but I like england " co.uk " ]
If I can do anything 4 u tell me

1:59 PM  
Blogger Xijn Violet said...

I was looking for instances of Puppets within videogames, being that their a likely pair. But I found you guys instead. Well, alright, let's see those two Link elves dance to Sony's 3 disc DJ.
What I don't know, insert comment here!

6:26 PM  
Anonymous Cara Russell said...

Man of La Mancha with puppets?? Sounds fascinating. I love when live theatre incorporates puppets into their performances. To bring the magic of puppets into your own home, check out the selection of Hand Puppets at SuperSmartyPants.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home