Wednesday, February 14, 2007

I'm always happy with the last thing I did

And the last thing I did was this.
Pill Party #2
Mixed media painting on wood. Acrylic, beesewax, oil, photo transfer, and foil.

I actually started this the surface two years ago, sloshing on some paint and beeswax onto some wood. Then feeling inspired from a visit to Lewis Mahlmann's AMAZING house last night, as well as surfing Etsy.com all day today, I pulled the painting back out and added some transfers, more beeswax, more gold paint, and a butter wrapper from last night's dinner. I'm pretty happy with the results.

I was actually planning on putting this piece up for sale, but I think I might keep it around for a little while, till I make something else and become happy with the next new thing.

But yes, we had dinner and visited Lewis's house last night, and it's like a mind blowing experience, it's filled with his doll collection from all over the world, FILLED. And, he has an Arthur Rackham painting, AMAZING!!!! Just so much stuff, and all these little handmade cabinets to house them in...haha, I want to have that kind of a place when I'm 79.

Hell, I want to BE Lewis when I'm 79! He is just so awesome and talented. Ahhh.

Man, it's so late, I need to sleep now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home