Thursday, June 08, 2006

quickie portrait


Here's a quick one for this week's Illustration Friday: Portrait. This is a sketch I did a long while ago, when I had this particular haircut, which I've been itching to return to because I'm finding that long hair+summertime heat = gross. Here's an interesting tidbit...hair is something I dream about a lot (along with driving, and teeth). Usually, it's my own hair, and in my dreams I might be trying to fix it a certain way, or it's much longer than it is in actuality, but once I dreamt that I met Evangeline Lilly from Lost and the only thing I could think to say to her was "OH MY GOD I LOVE YOUR HAIR!" Dreams are funny like that, aren't they? I will try my hardest to not actually say that if I ever do end up meeting Evangeline Lilly.

I had another idea for the topic of portrait, but that may or may not happen depending on time, which seems to always be a deciding factor in things these days, unfortunately. If only I were an insomniac...I'd get so much done! Of course, that's probably not true, I'd probably waste those hours gawking at things like this.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

very effective drawing, powerful!

1:36 AM  
Blogger albina said...

Great expression -- wonderful and very vigorous drawing. Shorter hairs do sound tempting right about now as the temps rising.

6:26 AM  
Blogger JO said...

I really like your drawing, very interesting.

9:00 AM  
Blogger Weichuen You said...

I am trying to guess what you are thinking in the illo. I like your facial expression. Very provocative!

3:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home