Monday, April 03, 2006

IF: Spring

Hooray! This week's Illustration Friday for "Spring" was loosely inspired by playing many headache-inducing hours of Pikmin 2 the last few days.

Went out and bought a small case of watercolors today. Brings me back to the days of elementary school and the little cakes of crayola which you could never make a good violet color with. I really didn't like watercolors for a very very long time, but I've been trying to motivate myself to draw and paint more away from home, therefore I bought a nice travel-size set and am going to be making a new Mochi Ice Cream sketchbook for myself
to paint in.

I've been stressing a lot over making drawings for work. It's cool that I have a job where I get to use my creative noodle once in a while, but I keep forgetting that I need to make art just for myself too, otherwise I get really anxious and depressed from having too many thoughts and ideas in my head and not having a place to let them out.

Oh yes, I noticed that Livejournal Syndication re-posted an old entry. This is because I went back the other night to edit a spelling error, and so for some reason stupid LJ syn. seemed to think it was a new entry. I guess. Whatevs.

Finally, check out
Jason Levesque's website, because his illustration skills are amazing, AND he is awesome enough to have downloadable photoshop brushes on his site, a couple of which I've used for this piece.

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i LOVE it!!

12:49 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very cute, I like your style a lot!

2:56 AM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

Oh my Gosh!!!! I absolutely love this!!! I love the colors you used and I love your style.
This is so fantastic and such a heartfelt post.
did I mention I loved it? hee-hee!

4:20 AM  
Blogger HARDWAX said...

There's a lot of fun and super fine work going on here, lots of warm springtime look to this as well!

6:43 PM  
Blogger Aravis said...

This is so sweet. I love it! :0)

12:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home