Wednesday, March 08, 2006

It's sleepytimes now.

This drawing is for this week's Illustration Friday: Insect. I wanted to make an image of myself touching a bug, and i started thinking about those Glo Worm (sp?) toys from the 80's, the ones you hug and their heads would light up. Mine was a bug, and looked just like this with the goofy grin and cute little nightcap. Of course, the actual doll was a bit uncomfortable to hold, because of the hard plastic flashlight inside, but it didn't matter. The simple fact that it could light up a room with it's head made it damn freaking cool. Ah, the 80's.


5 Comments:

Blogger Heartful said...

Nice and kooky, I like it.

6:07 AM  
Blogger Ellen said...

I remember that! Love the way you translated night here. Excellent translation of "Insect!"

6:15 AM  
Blogger steve said...

Heh heh! Yes, the eighties and glow worms. I was more into transformers, but still secretly thought they were pretty darn cool too. Great illustration here!

6:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh Glo Worm!! Those came out a bit too late for me but my little brother had one! Wow Thanks for the memory!

Great illio!

3:29 PM  
Blogger bazooka radio said...

Glo-Worms are/were where it's at.

I had the glow head dude. My mom even made me a glow worm b-day cake for my. . um. . 6th(?) with two glow worms on it. the cake was a giant snail. It was the spirtit of rock and roll.

1:32 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home