Tuesday, November 11, 2008

"I don't want to set the world on fire..."

Halloween was delightful- I viewed several performances of Larry Schmidt's always wonderful Driveway Follies. Michael was one of the puppeteers!

Dancing Cats
Aunt Jitters and bean portrait

Also, I've been sorting the books in the Duchess Reading Room of Children's Fairyland, and I can't help but stop myself constantly when I come across books with 50's style illustrations. This one reminds me of being in the 4th grade, when we learned about simple machines, and I made a crane truck with sewing spools, string, and cardboard. FUN!

Simple Machines and How They Work
You can make a model of ball bearings

Speaking of retro, I am now addicted to Fallout 3 on the XBOX 360. Yep. It pretty much sucks up all of my free time.








Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home