Sunday, August 03, 2008

More from the FasTrack show at Lobot Gallery

I really enjoyed seeing the work of Liz Maher and Martha Sue Harris at last night's show. Both use a variety of materials in making organic looking sculptures, nice colors and fun to look at.

Martha Sue Harris (I forgot the names of these pieces):

I forgot the titles of these sculptures
I forgot the titles of these sculptures

I like how the colors and materials she uses makes these objects/creatures seem like delicate toys and at the same time something you could find in a natural history museum.

Liz Maher's Giving Tree:
Giving Trees by Liz Maher
Giving Trees by Liz Maher
Giving Trees by Liz Maher
Giving Trees by Liz Maher
Giving Trees by Liz Maher

This piece contains many things that fall under the category of Things Annie Likes: Bright/neutral color combination, kiddie things (fruity pebbles and m&m's), drippy stuff, tactility (though you weren't supposed to touch it), and boobies/penises/vaginas depicted in funny ways.

Actually, that last shot reminds me of this:


Too bad I have no idea where this photo came from. But I wish I did! Agh, the internet's lack of context can be so frustrating!

And now it's time for bed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home