Sunday, June 03, 2007

old skool

Yesterday I did some sketching at Nancy's studio, then we went and ate some yummy dim sum and then I dropped her off at her house where I accidentally walked in on her brother pooping in the bathroom.

Anyway, I spent the rest of the day cleaning my apartment and dying an old hoodie dark blue. Then we watched the latest episode of Naruto: Shippuden which to our disappointment, practically nothing awesome happened, except when Might Guy ran into a tree branch and fell. Cartoons!

Then at the end of the evening I tried to hunt down some sign painting books or instructional dvds, but I guess it's such an old practice all the books are now rare and out of print. So sad! I would love to learn how to paint signs the old school way. Someone buy me this so I can learn!

Then I went to my trusty friend Archive.org and found some REALLY OLD SKOOL books on lettering, for free! I love you archive.org.

From: How to make show cards; a practical treatise for the use of retail merchants and their clerks ([c1916])

1 Comments:

Blogger Nancy said...

Anyone else would've been mortified to have walked in on my brother like that, but I kinda figured that you would've just found the whole thing funny.

Pooping, haha.

I have another new thing for you that I picked up at Giant Robot, as well as your "late fines" that were rejected by Donald. You silly goose.

12:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home