Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Illustration Friday - "Captain"

Captain Kathryn Janeway From Star Trek Voyager

For this week's Illustration Friday theme, "Captain", I couldn't resist painting a portrait of one of my favorites, Kathryn Janeway, from Star Trek Voyager. Besides having that amazing voice, she could be a badass and a mother to the crew at the same time. I haven't done one of these paintings on pages in a while so it was good to practice it again.

Oh yes, and I was very careful to choose the encyclopedia entry this would be painted on. Fans of the show will probably get it :)

6 Comments:

Blogger timafli said...

I like this because it is cool presentation and character design.

3:54 PM  
Blogger Mike said...

Wow, outstanding painting. Great job.

8:48 PM  
Blogger froggie is... said...

you REALLY caught jane. great job. :)

8:09 AM  
Blogger Larry Lee said...

Cool canvas. Great painting. I used to watch Next Generation every week, didn't see Voyager as much. You did capture Janeway. Ironically, Voyager was on last night and it was the episode guest starring Kevin Tighe of Emergency! fame (last week's IF topic).

9:12 PM  
Blogger Headexplodie said...

Thanks everyone!

10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I got it right away! You can probably tell I came here via the photo of Boba Fett in your Etsy shop. This is an awesome painting of Janeway and I'm glad to have found your blog.

Melissa

9:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home