Sunday, January 01, 2006

IT WON'T STOP RAINING! ARHG!


My submission for this week's Illustration Friday: "Flavor."

I spent way longer on this than I expected to. Like, an hour and a half? Now my knees are killing me because I was sitting on my legs the whole time...very bad posture. Initially, this was just going to be a doodle to distract/inspire me to work on some "real" work that I'm supposed to do, then I couldn't stop.

So it's been raining pretty much the past two weeks here in the Bay Area. T'was fun at first, but I can't stand it much longer. It's already a huge chore for me to leave my apartment, the rain makes it that much harder to do so. I ordered some rainboots from Target online, hopefully they will arrive soon so that I may slosh around in the mud...mua HA! Take that mother nature, you jerk!

*****


10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

great style- good to see another Bay area resident hatin' the rain!

8:54 PM  
Blogger neilornstein said...

I just visited your website.Wonderful playful stuff!
Neil

8:59 PM  
Blogger valerie walsh said...

i think this is so clever and a unique blend that really is charming! i have pink rain boots

9:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hate rainy days as well.. My shoes get so wet and soggy! Arrgh.

12:32 AM  
Blogger Joy Eliz said...

Great illo. I have a feeling your site will be a favorite.

7:09 AM  
Blogger Jaimie said...

Nice mixed media piece. I love the boots!

3:25 PM  
Blogger gudbrandsdottir said...

Oooh, I dont like the rain either.... where I come from it rains most days - not so much each day, but constantly!! So I moved...
Very nice illo and Happy New Year by the way!

4:17 PM  
Blogger carla said...

I think this was certainly worth the time you spent...and apparently you got so into it that you didn't even notice you were sitting all wrong! I know about getting tired of rain for so long...we had that in October. Now it's snow...ugh...tomorrow's supposed to dumb up to 11 inches on us. Well...at least you get to wear those cute boots:>

4:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love rain, but it's still a great collage!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ooo, this is a great collage! the levels, the composition, it all comes together nicely. i am definitely linking you :)

erika
http://www.five3.com

6:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home